Hojicha Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
The combination of hojicha and pumpkin are exceptional together, especially when combined with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Hojicha is a traditional Japanese tea made from roasted green tea leaves. This special tea is high in catechins and is a healthy low-caffeine alternative to coffee. We love to enjoy hojicha when the weather cools down here in the Pacific Northwest. It’s nutty taste and woodsy aroma make it especially grounding on those cooler days.
In addition, pumpkin is a potent source of antioxidants and vitamin A. Vitamin A is necessary for a multitude of body processes, and is especially beneficial for vision, immunity and reproduction. We couldn’t think of a better ingredient to pair hojicha with for this fall-inspired latte.
- 2 cups Warmed Plant Milk
- 1 tsp. Soar Organics Hojicha Powder
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Dash of Ginger, Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- Warm your choice of plant milk separately on the stove.
- Combine all ingredients to a blender, beginning with the plant milk.
- Blend until smooth and frothy, about 20 seconds.
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!
Want to make your own hojicha pumpkin spice latte at home? Shop Soar Organics Hojicha Powder.