DIY Matcha Exfoliant Scrub
Incorporating matcha as a holistic approach for healthy and glowing skin: DIY Matcha Skin Scrub.
Creating your own DIY exfoliant is cost effective, since you most likely have all of the ingredients already in your kitchen (yay for multi-purpose items). Plus, your body will recognize what you're feeding it via skin. Win-win-win!
- 1 tbsp Soar Organics Everyday Matcha [Detoxifier & Combats Inflammation]
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil [Antimicrobial, Moisturizing & Soothing]
- 1/4 tsp Fine Grain Pink Salt [Exfoliation & Deep Tissue Scrub]
- 1-1/2 tbsp Coconut Sugar [Exfoliation & Nourishes Pores]
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey [Natural Antibiotic, Soothing & Skin Cell Regeneration]
- 2 tbsp Ground Oats [Cleaning, Grounding, Helps Break Down Oils]
- 2 tbsp Warm Water [Texture Baby]
- Oat flour will not work as it will turn into a paste.
- No coconut oil? Great alternatives: Vegetable glycerin or jojoba oil.
- No coconut sugar? Replace with another fine grain sugar, such as brown sugar or cane sugar.
- No pink salt? Replace with another fine salt, such as fine grain sea salt.
The reason we use fine grain sugar and salt in this scrub is that we want a gentle exfoliant. A more coarse grain could cause micro tears.
- Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl. You may want to gently warm the coconut oil so it evenly combines with the rest of the components.
- Fold together.
- Seal in a container or jar for up to one week, preferably in the fridge.
Steps for the Perfect Facial Exfoliation Method
- Wash your hands (always use clean hands to touch your face!).
- Gently cleanse your face prior to exfoliating to get rid of any surface grit. Lightly add a touch of water to your skin.
- Using clean hands, scoop 1 tsp DIY Matcha Exfoliant Scrub and lightly apply to your face using a circular motion (avoid the eyes/eyelids as these tissues are very thin and sensitive).
- Leave the exfoliant on your face for 2 to 5 minutes to allow the ingredients to penetrate.
- Using your hands, splash warm water to clear the exfoliant off your face; you can finish with a face cloth using gentle pressure.
- Finish with a hydrating moisturizer or oil (the exfoliant will allow the moisturizer to be fully absorbed into the skin).