If you're looking for a tasty matcha treat loaded with healthy fats this is the perfect recipe for you. These Mini Matcha Fat Delights are easy to make and can be prepared in any candy or chocolate mold. Although matcha is the main star in this recipe, we can't disregard one of our favourite fat butters - cacao butter.
The addition of cacao butter adds a pleasant 'chocolatey' taste. Cacao butter is the healthier version of cocoa butter (commonly used in chocolate) from the cacao bean. This special butter is made from oil that has been cold pressed extracted from cacao beans.
Since cacao butter is processed with no heat it's much more nutrient-dense than cocoa butter, which is heat processed. Cacao butter contains monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which have been said to help lower cholesterol and inflammation in the body. Healthy fats can also keep our hormones in check and aid in nutrient absorption.
You can keep these tasty delights in your freezer for up to one week, just grab-and-go whenever you're craving one. They make a great mini snack and can help to keep blood sugars balanced in-between meals. These fat delights can easily be made keto-friendly by removing maple syrup as a sweetener.
Scroll down for the recipe!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup Cacao Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Coconut Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbs. Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Soar Organics Matcha
- 2 Candy/Chocolate Molds, standard size
- Flat Baking Sheet Pan, to lay molds on
- Begin by separately heating your cacao and coconut butters over a double boiler on the stovetop. Once both are melted and measured accordingly add them to the same bowl and stir together.
- In a separate bowl stir together your vanilla extract and maple syrup. Next, add in your matcha powder with a kitchen whisk ensuring to break up any clumps.
- Add both mixtures together in the same bowl and stir to combine well. If your melted mixture begins to solidify, reheat gently over your double boiler. Tempering isn't necessary for this recipe.
- Next, transfer your melted mixture into a measuring cup with a pour spout (or something similar). Lay your molds flat on your baking sheet and carefully pour your mixture into your candy molds and let them cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Finally, transfer the molds into your freezer on the baking sheet. This helps ensure they lay flat in the freezer. Let them form overnight, or for at least 8 hours. Enjoy!