Cori's Paleo Matcha Cookies
We're thrilled to have Cori feature her recipe for these chewy paleo Soar Organics matcha cookies. Based out of Atlanta, Georgia, Cori shares her passion for health and wellness through healthy recipes and tips on her Instagram page and newly launched blog. These matcha cookies may be the perfect treat to leave out for Santa.. that's if you're able to resist eating them all by then!
Scroll down for Cori's recipe and write up.
It's holiday season and I have been loving all of the seasonal cookie recipes that have been shared recently. From gingerbread to chocolate peppermint cookies, I have a serious to-do list to try them all! Although, rumor on the block is that Santa is really into matcha these days... :)
I was so excited to have tried Soar Organics renowned organic matcha powder about a month ago and it has truly lived up to the hype. I've been using it in my morning lattes and decided it was time to switch it up and make some cookies with the powder! When I first tested this recipe, I almost decided to call them muffin tops because they have such a nice cakey, chewy consistency. Regardless of their name, I can't get enough of these!
Beyond the product, I absolutely love the fact that their powders are packaged in 100% recyclable boxes. They put a lot of care and attention towards the sourcing of their product down to the packaging, and those are companies that I stand behind time and time again. They also give a portion of each one of their sales to Canadian Feed the Children to help support a wide variety of communities in Canada and around the world.
Naughty or nice, you are sure to love these cookies just as much as Santa will! All with some added antioxidants and L-theanine (helps with stress and relaxation). Happy baking and even happier holidays, friends!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp Soar Organics matcha powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup date syrup (can sub maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 375F/190C.
- While your oven is preheating, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, matcha, baking powder and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk one egg and then add the date syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the dough forms.
- Roll the dough into small balls and put them on a baking sheet on top of parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven.