Gaby put together this quick, easy and delicious holiday-inspired matcha white chocolate bark. Adding matcha to your holiday recipes this season is a great way to sneak in some extra antioxidants. Quality matcha is a great source of the powerful polyphenol EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate), which may help benefit cardiovascular and brain health. To learn more about some of the benefits of matcha, check out our What is Matcha? page.
Scroll down for Gaby's recipe below, and follow along on her social channels for more vegan-inspired recipe inspiration!
Is there any other product that screams healthy, delicious and energy-boosting more than matcha? I can't think of one. I've been a fan of matcha ever since I discovered it and its amazing health benefits! The bright, beautiful green color could not be more perfect for creating healthy alternatives to holiday treats, so I really think now is the time of year to go matcha crazy!
This holiday season, one of my favorite new matcha recipes is this superfood matcha white chocolate bark. It's easy and quick to make, tastes amazing, and is full of healthy ingredients! It's also perfect for gifting to friends and family. For me, baking for loved ones is the best present you can give. :) Here is how you can make this super fun matcha bark for yourself.
Matcha White Chocolate Bark:
- 1 cup vegan-friendly white chocolate chips (they can be tricky to find, but I find that Whole Foods usually has them)
- 1 tbsp Soar Organics matcha powder
- Goji berries
- Dried mango
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Melt your white chocolate chips in the microwave with one minute increments. You can also melt them on the stovetop in a double boiler.
- Once melted, separate your white chocolate into two small bowls. Add matcha powder into one bowl and mix well to make matcha chocolate. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Begin by pouring your plain white chocolate onto baking sheet, spread out evenly no more than 1 cm.
- Next, pour your matcha chocolate over your white chocolate, and using a fork or knife make swirls.
- Next, add your superfood choices on top. Add as many (or as little) as you'd like. These are my favorite superfoods that I chose to use, but be creative and go crazy with whatever your favorite superfoods are, or whatever you have on hand!
- Freeze the chocolate bark for 2-4 hours, then break apart and ENJOY!