We have another delicious festive holiday latte recipe to share with you! We took some of the healthier ingredients from traditional gingerbread cookies, added hojicha powder & turned it into a cozy winter latte recipe.
If you haven’t heard of hojicha before, it’s a traditional Japanese tea made from roasted green tea leaves. Hojicha is specially fired at high temperatures, creating a very unique flavour profile. The taste can be described as robust, bold and nutty. Due to its unique roasting process, hojicha is very low in caffeine. This makes hojicha a great late afternoon or evening tea.
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- 1/4 cup Water, for whisking
- 1 tsp. Soar Organics Hojicha Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Organic Black Strap Molasses
- 1 tsp. Coconut Butter
- Pinch of Organic Brown Sugar
Caution: Never fully enclose (or fill up fully) hot liquid in a blender. If you don’t have a blender you can easily recreate this recipe on the stovetop in a saucepan.
- Bring 1/4 cup water to a boil in a kettle or pot. Add to blender with hojicha powder.
- In a separate pot, heat oat milk on stovetop over medium heat and add to your blender.
- Add in ginger, cinnamon, molasses, coconut butter and brown sugar. Blend for 30 seconds to one minute, or until nice and frothy.
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!